A Benedictine priory was founded at the end of the 10th century on the site of an old Carolingian court. When it was burnt down by the English at the end of the 14th century, except for the church, it was rebuilt and then devastated again in the 16th century by the Protestants (around 1577). In 1605, the priory was ceded to the order of Minimes. In 1613, they obtained permission to rebuild a convent in place of the existing buildings, which were in poor condition. During the Revolution, the bell tower was knocked down and the Minims were dispersed. In the 19th century, the brothers of the Sacred Heart of Le Puy created a school for the deaf and dumb.
The convent was then occupied by the nuns of Saint-Dominique.

The priory is now used as a hotel restaurant and invites all artists to apply to exhibit in this building with its exceptional history and size.

The Priory is located in the heart of the Livradois Forez regional nature park between Ambert and La Chaise Dieu. It is a very busy place during the season

Services et aménagements

Parking
Bar
Restaurant
Swinpool
Free Wi-fi
No-smoking rooms

The hotel's gallery

digital exhibition 05/06/2022 to 09/10/2022
Buy one of the works exhibited by the hotel and get:

2 nights for 2 people in a double room + breakfasts

*Offer valid until 31.12.2023 for the buy of a work from the exhibition, it cannot be combined with others promotional offers of the hotel.

buy this work Coutaz Axel

buy this work VALETTE jacques

buy this work Coutaz Axel

buy this work VALETTE jacques

buy this work Coutaz Axel

buy this work VALETTE jacques

buy this work Coutaz Axel

Original artwork
with certificate of authenticity
Delivery
by experts
Free returns
up to 14 days after receipt
Secure payments
by credit card or bank transfer